My daughter is currently a freshman in high school and she loves One Direction, Modern Family, and Urban Outfitters. I’ve been vicariously living through her, so I decided to take a ride in my time traveling DeLorean (let’s be real my Mazda 323) to remember what was popular during the prime of my high school life. Here are some of the things I came up with…
1) FAVORITE TV SHOW: FAMILY TIES
2) FAVORITE FOOD: TOFUTTI SOFTSERVE– Imagine my disappointment when I found out it wasn’t dietetic
3) FAVORITE MOVIE: THE BREAKFAST CLUB
4) FAVORITE FASHION: DEMI MOORE’S HAIRCUT IN “ABOUT LAST NIGHT” – If anyone is keeping score, this movie actually came out in 1986, but we had to give a shout out to Demi’s hair…it was and still is fabulous!
5) FAVORITE SONG: ST. ELMO’S FIRE BY JOHN PARR
What were some of your favorite things from 1985? Tweet @Rolemommy with some of your high school obsessions #1985.