I don’t know about you, but I’ve been in that deep dark place plenty of times in my career where I wanted to stab someone in the eye with a #2 pencil. Okay – maybe that was just at one job and that was a really long time ago, but I digress…
If you are like millions of Americans who hate their jobs, then Monster.com says it’s time for a Wake Up Call! Over the last few months, the top career site has been going into offices and setting up hidden cameras and horn traps in workstations. The video stars actor, Brian Baumgartner who shows up after the employees have just been pranked with their wake up call. Take a look…
If you hate your job and are ready for a change, then it’s time to get in on the action! Monster.com is encouraging workers everywhere to create their own funny wake up call video and share it via Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #WakeUpCall. Monster.com will then repost the ones they think are the funniest on their Twitter and Facebook pages! If you’re searching for your next job visit Monster.com.and to get the latest on job search advice, networking and cool jobs, and other tips and advice on managing your career, check out Monster’s blog, www.monsterworking.com.
We are also offering a prize giveaway if you post a video in our comments section and then share it on Twitter using the hashtag #WakeUpCall @MonsterWW.
One lucky winner will receive:
A $25 Visa Gift Card and a Monster Prize Pack (includes a Monster coffee mug, lunch cooler, duffle bag, backpack cinch bag, snow globe and one air horn).
So make sure you comment below with a link to your video and then share via Twitter so that those master job finders Monster.com can check it out too!
Disclosure: This compensated post was sponsored by Monster.com.
Memorial Day Weekend kicks off summer travel for many people. You may be packing up the car for for a road trip, hopping on a train or getting ready to board a plane. Wherever you go and however you get there, you will want to make sure you are prepared with activities for your kids. Here is where Fingerprint comes in and saves the day.
There are over 25 educational apps to chose from with more on the way by the end of the year! The Fingerprint platform is a first-of-its-kind hub for learning and fun that offers multiplayer gaming features and enhanced safe social capabilities for children as young as 3 years old. The platform is a portal to Fingerprint’s expanding library of great educational games that promote early reading, character values, finance/money skills, music and so much more. Fingerprint is a three time family choice award winner and 2013 iKids winner. With apps from your kids favorite TV shows such as Sid the Science Kid and more, you will be ok with letting your kids play away because they are learning and using their imagination.
Below are some of the apps that my kids loved (they are ages 9 and 6).
With Scribble My Story, kids can illustrate their own audio stories or create a book based on Fingerprint’s wildy popular Big Kid Life or Whole Wide World Adventure.
A collection of 4 Step-by-Story apps: The Goofy Gift, Thanks for the Franks, Larry’s Missing Music and I am the Hero!
There are new apps coming out all the time, all reasonably priced. It’s good, clean learning fun! So click here and start downloading right away! Happy Travels!
The latest skin product by L’oreal will enhance your morning beauty regimen!
As a busy wife, mother and 40 something entrepreneur, I don’t have much time to perfect my look each morning. But as the weather and aging process continue to take its toll on my skin, I am always on the lookout for products that will make my face feel silky smooth while erasing those pesky lines that seem to have taken up residence on my face.
Enter Revitalift Miracle Blur… It’s not a moisturizer. It’s more than a primer. Revitalift Miracle Blur is the first-of-its-kind Instant Skin Smoother that instantly erases the look of lines, wrinkles and pores. Its unique, cushiony texture blends seamlessly into skin so it instantly looks and feels smooth, leaving a velvet-soft matte finish.
Just apply after moisturizer and blend smoothly and evenly into skin. Wear alone for a flawless matte finish or under foundation for smoother, more even application and wear. The product is also ideal for all skin tones.
I have been using Revitalift Miracle Blur twice a day and so far, I absolutely love it. My skin feels silky, smooth and those lines are totally less noticeable! Take a look…
Now it’s your turn to enter to win Revitalift Miracle Blur so you can get our face on the road to feeling smoother and looking younger in minutes! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This review and giveaway post is sponsored by the Role Mommy writer’s network.
Written by Role Mommy contributor, Danielle Feigenbaum.
Everyone is so busy busy busy. Whether you are working out of the house, in the house, have one kid or six – life is busy. Wouldn’t it be great to have a place online to help organize your busy life in a fun way? Now there is! Recently launched, Me in a Tree, is a new online organizational and communicating tool created to build stronger families. It’s so easy to get caught up in the craziness of life, this site can help you get organized, stay connected and have fun together! It’s being called, the #1 communication building tool for families and I know you will agree.
Once you sign up (there is a free 2 week membership) it costs $5.99 per month for a year membership. The company gives back 10% of its profits to family and child centered non-profit organizations that share the company’s philosophy and work and share in the common goal of growing and maintaining a united family. The first thing you do once you are registered, is create an avatar for each member of the family. It’s a fun process that the whole family can be involved in. We had some laughs choosing the hair, face and clothes for each of us. Then you create each members’ profile.
There are so many wonderful videos to help you understand the website and everything it can offer your family. I suggest watching them first and then you can get started! They offer parent support, a calendar so you can keep everyone’s schedule straight, “my duties” section to help teach responsibility and so much more.
As busy as life gets, it is so important to take a minute and reflect on how we are doing and what we are grateful for. You can do this once a day or once a week in the journal section of the site. That can also become something nice to look back on as your kids grow. I always feel better when I get things off my chest and write them down. One of my favorite parts of Me in a Tree is the “family huddle”. Do you feel disconnected from your kids? Do they love to give you one word answers? Do you wonder what is actually going on in their lives? What about your spouse? I find that my husband and I only talk about schedules and finances and by the end of the day we both collapse on the couch and watch TV, too tired to talk at all. The family huddle only takes about 30 minutes and you know you can always squeeze in 30 minutes. Pick the same time each week and make it a priority. Communication is an important way to stay connected.
Don’t just take my word for it, check it out for yourself… Me in a Tree. Before you know it, you will be more organized and more connected with your family. You, your spouse and your kids will have fun and love it.
This post was sponsored by Me in a Tree.
There are many things I detest about winter. At the top of my list is my super dry skin. No matter what I do, when the weather gets cold my skin gets dry, flaky, itchy and looks terrible. Here is something new to try and you could even win your very own!
Suave® is reinventing its body lotions from the inside out with improved formulations and sleek packaging. Suave® Skin Solutions Body Lotions are dermatologist tested and provide silky 24-hour moisturization with a new richer formula1.
Additionally, Suave Naturals® Body Lotions will feature a new look, with improved long lasting fragrance and the same great moisturization as before. Suave® Body Lotions have a unique, silky smooth formula that glides on easily and absorbs quickly for skin that is soft, smooth and delightfully fragrant! Suave® products offer great quality beauty solutions for the entire family to help you look good, smell good and feel good every day.
You can buy these lotions at drugstores, mass merchandisers and supermarkets nationwide for a suggested retail price of $0.99-$4.99. OR you can win the lotions right here!! THREE of our lucky reader will win a new Suave® Skin Solutions lotion and ONE lucky reader will win all three of the new products. Here are the products you could win!
Suave Skin Solutions Products:
· Suave® Skin Solutions Advanced Therapy Body Lotion
· Suave® Skin Solutions Smoothing Body Lotion with Cocoa Butter & Shea
· Suave® Skin Solutions Soothing Body Lotion with Aloe All you need to do is comment below with your name and email address and let us know your “winter skin care secret”. Winners will be chosen randomly on February 14th, 2013. Hey – it could be a nice Valentine’s Day gift to yourself… soft, smooth skin!
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/SuaveBeauty or follow @SuaveBeauty
Now that the gifts have been distributed and the kids are having fun with toys, gift cards and accessories, here at Role Mommy, we’ve compiled a list of the best gifts this holiday season. If you haven’t yet purchased one of the gifts below for your child or loved one, here’s the good news. It’s probably on sale right now so get out and go shopping! Our Top 10 Gift Picks of 2012
1. For Any Teenage Girl: Anything from American Eagle, Forever 21, Delia’s, Hollister, Abercrombie or American Apparel. Having navigated my way through all these stores during peak holiday shopping days (two days before Xmas), I can now say that when in doubt, if your child is a fashion plate like mine, you can’t go wrong with any of these stores. Opt for a gift card so they can’t go overboard on their purchases.
2. For the Music Lover: Beats. I have no idea why these headphones are the must have item among tweens and teens, but it just is. Could it be the noise canceling quality or the fact that you can tune out your parents when you’re wearing them, all I know is that if you bought your child Beats this year, you were a really cool mom.
3. The Wii U: This super cool new game station arrived on our doorstep last week and my son can’t stop playing it. The cool thing is you can play your favorite games on your TV and when you want to watch your favorite show, your child can continue playing on a console without disturbing the rest of the family. Plus, you can also use the console to control the volume on the TV and order movies from Netflix too. And best of all, the folks at Nintendo know me so well, they even sent me a karaoke game that comes with a microphone too. Can’t wait to kick the kids out of the living room on New Years so that I can play with all my girlfriends!
4. Microsoft Surface: At $500, the Microsoft Surface actually makes a great gift for the entire family — kids can do their homework assignments, you can craft powerpoint presentations, there are tons of great apps to choose from and you can even play Xbox games too. Plus, there’s a built in camera too.
5. iPad Mini: If you’re a Mac family and own an outdated iPad without a camera, then you might be ready for an upgrade to an iPad mini that has all the bells and whistles of the iPad we’ve all grown to love but smaller, lightweight and less expensive. SOLD!
6. Madden for XBox: : We bought my son the latest Madden NFL game for the Xbox and have to say that he is totally hooked. He and his dad have been playing it every day since we first brought it home and when we visited our friends’ house last night, they had it too, which means it’s a popular game since they always get the best gifts.
7. Gift cards, gift cards and more gift cards. When in doubt, there’s nothing like a gift card that your kid can use to buy whatever his 10 year old heart desires. Sure, you can’t get much for $25 but if you pool your resources, you can cobble together enough cards to make it substantial.
8. Scrabble Anyone? I don’t know about your spouse, but mine is totally hooked on Scrabble. He plays it constantly online and also loves playing the old fashioned board game version with friends. It’s time to invest in a fancy board and learn how to master those pesky two letter words, but either way, if you live with a wordsmith, you can’t go wrong with Scrabble.
9. A Nook, A Vook or A Kindle Fire Truth be told, I haven’t read much in a while but when I do, I gravitate towards an e-reader since it’s so easy to just download a book, kick back and read. Here’s hoping I can dive into several great books in 2013 — including my friend Yvette Manessis Corporon’s (and my Peeing in Peace co-author)…so excited for her and cannot wait to read it.
10. Give the gift of Vacation If you’re like me and you stayed home this holiday season, why not plan for your next getaway? Check out sites like Kayak, SniqueAway and Travelzoo for getaway deals and if you’re looking for cheap airfare, makes sure you make your purchases on a Tuesday when flight deals are typically posted. Some of my favorite getwaways? Jamaica, Florida (with a cruise added on to the trip), Puerto Rico and Europe…can’t wait to one day go back to Italy!!!
Shop Simply This Holiday with eBay Now’s “Holiday Express”: Extended Hours, Unlimited Free Deliveries and Custom Gift Wrap by Designer Jonathan Adler
If you still haven’t finished your Christmas shopping, you are not doomed! You don’t even need to brave the crowded stores.
With a national survey reporting that 40% of Americans shop from their smartphone/tablet in bed, eBay Holiday Express will help shoppers buy what they want when they want it – even if it’s after hours. All items come with limited-edition gift wrap designed by Jonathan Adler.
The eBay Now app (available in SF and NYC) allows shoppers to get items from hundreds of retailers (For example: Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Toys ‘R’ Us, Best Buy, Target, etc.) delivered anywhere in the city within an hour.
This service is particularly great for last minute gifts, holiday party essentials, and even last-minute clothing items you may have forgotten at home but don’t want to go back for (Spanx, shoes, sparkly accessories, etc.).
Today, eBay Now is powering eBay Holiday Express. Shoppers who use the app to do their last-minute holiday shopping (through Saturday, December 22) will receive unlimited free deliveries, extended shopping hours (get items delivered up until midnight!) First-time users also receive $15 off their first eBay Now purchase. So hurry up – today is the last day!
I love taking pictures. Some may even call me “obsessed”. I am constantly capturing moments with my kids and friends on my digital camera and on my phone. These are memories I love to look back on and share with everyone. For many of us, however, the pictures tend to be forgotten or left as unused photos that sit in the black hole of our phone for months. Now, the first free mobile website creation product, Zapd, introduces the concept of social websites, created within about one minute, helping to ensure every memory is shared – whether it be through photos, words or links.
For those not into social media, it creates a stand alone website… for those into social media, it can be shared through Facebook and Twitter. The big differentiator with Zapd, is that other people you choose are able to collaborate and post photos on your new site. Zapd 1.0 launched in early 2011 and quickly ranked in the top 10 on the iPhone App Store in 11 countries. It was also featured as iTunes’ app of the week for multiple weeks. With Zapd’s newest version, users will have the ability to not only create a website in 60 seconds or less from their iPhone, they will also be able to share and collaborate with friends, family and other Zapd users.
Some of what’s new in Zapd 2.0:
• Collaboration – invite others to make websites with you
• Easier, faster creation – batch uploads of photos
• Photo editing - filters, cropping and more image enhancing options
• Personalization - a dozen new themed layouts
• Feeds – discover and follow other Zaps and authors
• Easy integration – connect the app with existing address book contacts and Facebook friends
Zapd CEO and founder, Kelly Smith, has launched several successful start-ups, including Inkd.com, Imagekind, and RocketVox. “Zapd is about easily capturing an experience – either work or play – and sharing it in a new way, what we call a social website. All this can be done from the iPhone, which liberates millions of users and billions of photos to create themed chapters of their lives,” explains Smith. “Zapd is at the forefront of the changing direction for website creation, design and purpose. Either individually or collectively, Zapd puts website creation literally into the hands of everyday users, in the form of their iPhone.”
For more information on Zapd, and to experience a variety of featured Zaps, visit http://www.zapd.com.