Every year, I pretty much do the same thing. I make a list of what I want to accomplish and then I either start tackling a few things and then pretty much abandon ship after about a month or two. Well now that 2018 is around the corner, I’m back again and ready to dig into that list. Here’s hoping I stick to at least 50% of these resolutions!
- Lose Weight – I’ve already posted ad nauseum about my desire to lose weight and this time I am super serious. I feel bloated, my clothes don’t fit right and no matter how much I do my Peloton, nothing seems to be budging. Time to shake things up and started shedding some serious poundage. Up eight pounds from 2017 so hoping to be down 28 lbs. by the end of 2018.
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? – I still don’t know where my future is headed. Stick with being a small business owner or head back to a full time job? That is the career question for 2018. I’m definitely keeping my options open this year and am dedicated to pursuing projects that I truly believe in.
- Teach Myself to Cook Healthy Foods: I’ve already been doing that but I’ve stepped up my game several notches these last few weeks by using my Instant Pot several times a day to whip up soups, oatmeal, spaghetti squash, meatloaf, steamed veggies, hard boiled eggs and much much more! No more shakes, bars, or prepared meals for me. I’m going to cook myself thin!!!!
- Sing again: I don’t want to reserve this just for the shower. I really want to join a group again where I can perform in front of people. I miss that part of my life so much and definitely need to go back to it this year.
- The Role Mommy Retreat: Since the first time I started Role Mommy I have always dreamed of hosting a retreat for entrepreneurial and creative women and haven’t followed through with it. Meanwhile, I’ve watched others spearhead retreats and conferences while I’ve been busy working on projects that were leading me nowhere. Well not anymore. My goal is to kick off one retreat per year and then workshop events in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. I’ve got captains in mind for each city so stay tuned. Destination for the retreat? Haven’t decided yet but somewhere warm with great food, places to see and lots of inspiration.
- Write More: I said this recently on another blog post and while I haven’t been able to post every single day on my blog, I have been getting a lot better. This year, I’m finally going to stick to an editorial calendar so I can plan out what I’m writing each week.
- Read More: This one should be fairly simple. I have even bought several books this year and had every intention of reading them. Except I didn’t. Rather than spend my time scrolling through my Facebook page, I’m going to devote more time to reading. It’s time to get reinvigorated by great writing!
- Don’t Chase Anyone: I find that quite often, I’m the friend trying to make plans with people only to find my texts and messages ignored. For those of you who will probably never read this post in the first place, I get the hint. You won’t be hearing from me again in 2018 or beyond. If you want to see me, you know where to find me. Otherwise, I’m tired of wasting energy pursuing people who obviously have no time for me.
- Spend Time with People I Adore: This one should be fairly easy but when your schedule gets hectic, sometimes, the people you care about wind up on the back burner and you end up not seeing them for years. This year, I’m going to make it a point to reconnect with those friends, catch up and spend quality time with people who I truly care about and I know care about me too.
- Help My Family Achieve Their Goals: As we head into the New Year, my husband is still working hard to build his sports business for families, my daughter is about to start her custom design sneaker business at Temple University and my son is a budding magician who needs to start booking some birthday parties stat. I promise not to be a helicopter mom or hoverer but instead, a connector who can help all of them achieve their goals by providing them with support, guidance and lots of PR.
So there you have it. My 2018 list of resolutions. I’ll make sure to check back in a year to see if I kept all or some of them. Either way, I’m ready for the New Year to start already. 2017, you have drained me and it’s time to say sayonara!!!!