Here is a healthy and low calorie/low fat recipe for Egg Salad that adds an extra punch of nutrients by mixing in the leafy greens. Makes enough for two sandwiches. Enjoy!
Take Back the Kitchen V-Egg Salad Sandwich!
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1-2 tsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Swiss Chard or Fresh Spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Hard boil the eggs by placing them in a pot covered with water until they boil.
2. Turn off the flame and then let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Immerse in cold water, peel and chop in a bowl.
5. Add in mayo, mustard and yogurt. Stir until combined
6. Wash and chop the greens and stir into the egg mixture.
7. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with multigrain bread or healthy crackers like Mary’s Gone Whole Grain Crackers
For more great recipes from Alma Schneider, visit her at Take Back the Kitchen.