Win a treasure chest filled with Pirate’s Booty!
With just a few more days until Halloween I hope everyone has their costumes ready to go and something to give out to those trick or treaters when they come knocking at your door! Some parents are terrified thinking about the amount of candy their children are going to consume. “Halloween can be a challenging time for parents who encourage their kids to eat healthy throughout the year,” said Emily Whelan Anschlowar, MS, RD, and in-house nutrition expert at Pirate Brands, makers of all-natural snacks including Pirate’s Booty.
Here are some “Healthy Halloween” tips from Pirate’s Booty:
• Fill ’em up. Feed children a full, nutritious meal before heading out to trick-or-treat. That way they’ll be less likely to devour candy while out on the trail.
• Trade agreement. Offer coins or a coveted toy in place of the candy.
• Cavity cutback. Some dentist offices have actually started implementing candy buyback programs the day after Halloween. Kids receive a monetary reward, while the candy gets shipped to different organizations like U.S. troops abroad.
• Treat others. Donate sweets to a local food bank.
• Divide and conquer. Measure out the candy into individual serving sizes. Two to three little treats after a meal will fill that sweet tooth.
• A helping hand(out). Distribute non-candy treats such as a baked, low-fat snack like Pirate’s Booty.
Send me a picture of your little matey in a pirate costume with your name and address and you could win a treasure chest filled with jewels, eye patches, swords and of course, delicious Pirate’s Booty! Send pictures to email@example.com by Tuesday November 2nd.
For more information visit: www.piratebrands.com.
October 27, 2010