Getting ready for swimsuit season? Now that Spring is in full swing – the countdown to SUMMER has begun! It’s official – you now have less than 60 days to go from tankini to bikini! Here are some tips to help get your body looking like a BEACH BODY FAST!
1. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! This will help get your skin clear, flush out your system of of toxins and replace calorie filled beverages! Research shows that people who drink more water lose significantly more body weight and fat overtime then those who drink less water.
2. FRESH and CLEAN is the name of the game when it comes to food! Act like it is summer- eat light meals, filled with fresh clean ingredients! Stay away from junk food and be sure to eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies, lean proteins and seeds. Make sure you eat 3 small meals with 2-3 small snacks per day to keep that metabolism churning! Keeping a food journal will help you stay on track! Be sure NOT to skip meals – just make sure everything you eat is fresh, real clean foods- foods that are closest to the natural state.
3. Get a Summertime GLOW- with a nice sunless tan! Go ahead – try it! You will be amazed! One week of eating clean fresh foods, drinking lots of water, exercising hard- then a nice sunless tan! You will look like you just returned from vacation! There are lots of great home sunless tan products as well as salons that offer sunless tanning options! Be sure to exfoliate and moisterize to help your SUNLESS GLOW last longer!
4. SLEEP is essential! Sleep helps to replenish your body and build up your energy which you will need if you are set on getting that beach body by summer time.
5. AMP IT UP! Your workouts that is!!! You want your body to look BEACH BODY READY – you better pick it up and ensure that you are making the most of your time at the gym or working out! Need some help?
Well try out Becky’s Boot Camp just in time for Summer!
With the Becky’s Boot Camp – Basic Training bundle pack – you get a 4 week plan outlining what workouts should be done on which days- maximizing your the benefits from your fitness regimine and taking the guesswork out of it! Becky has taken the time to create this plan with the goal of fat burning, lean muscle building and helping you achieve the body of your dreams! If lean and sculpted is the look you want- then this is the program for you! Included with your bundle package are 6 MP3 Downloadable workouts (Lean Body by Becky Beginner, Lean Body by Becky Advanced, Total Body Sculpt by Becky Beginner, Total Body Sculpt by Becky Advanced, Tabata Blast and Cardio Interval Running Challenge), a Basic Training Program guide – providing you with 4 weeks of programing / instructions on what workouts to do on which days, nutrition protocol and other useful information to ensure you get the MOST out of your workouts with Becky.
Click here for more info on Becky’s Boot Camp – Virtual Boot Camp Program!
Aloha! Summer is drawing near and this means that school will be out soon. Summer is an exciting time that for many families means one eight letter word: V A C A T I O N! Many children here in Hawaii have already started their summer vacation. If you are planning or have ever wanted to visit Hawaii, I have some great Hawaii family vacationing tips for visiting the island of Oahu.
When visiting Oahu, Waikiki is a great place to stay with children because everything you need is in walking distance. Some delicious and inexpensive restaurants that are fun for kids as well as adults are: Duke’s Canoe Club, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and Tiki’s Bar and Grill.
Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen and head to Diamond Head early for a short but scenic hike to the top! If you go on Saturday morning, you can have an organic breakfast at Kapiolani Farmer’s market at the base of the hike.
Swimming is free and the most popular activity here in Hawaii’s crystal blue waters. Surf’s up for all who want to try surfing and Waikiki is the spot with surf lessons galore. If you are adventurous and want to check out the colorful tropical reef fish then grab an under water camera and don’t miss Haunama bay.
After your exciting day on Oahu don’t forget about mom, who is probably tired from packing, unpacking, being a lifeguard to her childen, and a sunscreen apply-er. Treat her to some fabulous Waikiki shopping, afternoon high tea at the Moana SurfRider, or a massage on the beach!
Wherever your travel plans take you, have a safe and sunny time. Don’t forget to relax because the fun is in the journey not necessarily the destination, unless we are talking about Hawaii!
Professional Mom Blogger
Patrice is the creator of “Mom’s Best Bets,” a site to inspire a healthier way of living. Patrice lives in beautiful Hawaii, has a Master’s degree in educational psychology, and is a full time mommy. She is also a wife, model, fashion wearing, organic eating, healthy living mom who strives to discover the BEST in products, food, vitamins, and fashion!
Getting ready to head out to a Memorial Day barbecue with friends or family and plan to spend several hours with them? While the first hour or two can be spent catching up on lost time, what else can you talk about before the conversation goes stale? Well, here are a few conversation starters that might cause uproar, debate or juicy conversation around the grill.
1. Should President Obama visit Arlington National Cemetery in honor of Memorial Day or share a burger with his father-in-law in Chicago? Just heard there’s a storm brewing on the Internet over whether the president should take the weekend to spend quality time with his family rather than honor fallen soldiers. He is taking a side trip to New Orleans to assess the oil spill but that’s a whole other conversation that we’ll get to next.
2. What the heck is going on with that BP oil spill anyway? According to the most recent reports, the latest method to stop the oil from spewing millions of gallons into the ocean has failed. Are you kidding me? We can send men and women into space; we can build defense weapons that can annihilate entire countries; but we can’t plug a leak? I think they need to speak with my plumber John, stat!
3. Sex and the City anyone? According to recent reports from friends who have seen the film, it’s not very good at all. Which means, do not, under any circumstances drag your husband or boyfriend to see it. However, do feel free to drag your girlfriends and hit the mall afterwards, because no matter how silly it is, there’s something about the Sex and the City gang that makes me want to you shoe shopping.
4. Talk about Diets. While you’re inhaling a cheeseburger, hot dog and steak, talk about the latest diet fad to have hit the market. In fact, discuss the pros and cons of sampling a master cleanse; whether it’s worth it to plunk down several hundred dollars a week for that new Freshology plan that all the stars are now on; or if Weight Watchers is still the way to go. Also talk about all the outdoor activities you plan to do this summer as you finish your key lime pie.
5. Excuse yourself from the conversation so you can read a good book. There’s something about the start of summer that makes me want to ignore everyone around me so I can read continuously until Labor Day. And for some reason, on Memorial Day, it’s quite alright to leave the table, curl up on a chaise lounge, read and take a nap. Sure it’s not a conversation starter, but it’s certainly one of my favorite things to do hands down!
This week is all about television. There were the season finales, season premieres and series that just plain ended.
Three reality shows had the viewers on the edge their seats waiting to see who would be the “winner”- American Idol, Dancing With the Stars and The Biggest Loser. Nicole Scherzinger, from The Pussy Cat Dolls, brought home the Mirror Ball Trophy on Dancing With the Stars.
The winner of The Biggest Loser, Michael Ventrella, lost 264 pounds. Michael made Biggest Loser history being the largest contestant to date and by losing the most weight since the series began.
American Idol was a show stopper this week. Simon Cowell is leaving Idol, prompting a star studded musical event. Musical guests included Alice Cooper, Hall & Oates, Michael McDonald, Janet Jackson and Christina Aguilera to name a few. Of course – let’s not forget the finalists of the show, Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze. Crystal was favored to win American Idol since the beginning of the season but dark horse, Lee DeWyze, surprised everyone and won American Idol 2010.
Finally, we say good-bye to Law & Order after a 20 year run. Ghost Whisperer has been cancelled on CBS, possibly being picked up by ABC and both the series Lost and 24 also ended, leaving a void in programming after making a huge impact in television.
For more juicy entertainment news, visit our friends at HaveUHeard!
In case you missed it, we’ve got the best part of the American Idol finale – the last five minutes! Actually, the show was amazing from the Simon Cowell tribute from Paula Abdul to performances by every amazing artist under the son (my personal faves were Janet Jackson, Hall & Oates, Michael MacDonald, the Bee Gees and Joe Cocker), last night’s finale was by far one of the best I’ve ever seen. And trust me, I have seen them all. Take a look…
In case you’re like me and can’t get enough of American Idol, then have no fear, American Idol Star Experience (AISE) launches today. AISE is a new, end-to-end Facebook gaming experience that will immerse American Idol fans into a fun, fully interactive and highly-customizable environment where they can create their own performances and share their achievements with their friends on Facebook.
The Performance Creator enables players to design their own unique stage performance, including building a custom avatar from head to toe, choosing a song to sing from dozens of hits, choreographing dance moves, and directing a multitude of staging elements like camera angles and special effects. The player can then post the performance to Facebook with one click, to be rated to see how they compare to other performers in singing, styling and staging categories. Check out the app on Facebook and don’t be surprised if you hear me belting out a tune.
Recently, I got the chance to join GMA correspondent and Moms Get Real host JuJu Chang along with Lee Woodruff, one of the funniest and most inspiring moms I know, for a no holds barred conversation about Backseat Grandparenting. Take a look…
Real Moms Get Real: Part I – JuJu Chang, Lee Woodruff, anonymous mom & me!
Real Moms Get Real – Part II – Dr. Terry Real shares great tips you can use to help bridge the divide between your parenting style and those of your parents or inlaws.
During the segment, my issues had to do with my overzealous dad who attempt to coach my kids during ball games even though my husband is the team coach, while Lee shared stories of her mother-in-law who smokes in their basement and then denies it in front of her kids. Plus, an anonymous mom shared why she is fed up with her mother-in-law who criticizes her parenting skills every chance she gets; and JuJu chimed in about her own mom – who actually sounds quite amazing even though with her first child JuJu was one of those overprotective parents who thought her own parents didn’t know what they were doing. That philosophy quickly changed by the time she had baby number three!
Also on hand was psychologist and best selling author Terry Real who shares tips on how parents can combat the effects of a parent or in-law who steps over the line when it comes to your kids.
This week, we got the chance to ask all our kid related health questions to one of our favorite pediatricians on the planet, Dr. Jim Sears! If you’ve been hiding under a rock, Dr. Sears is one of the co-hosts of “The Doctors” – the nationally syndicated talk show that pretty much has me riveted every time viewers ask the panel of doc hosts questions relating to all aspects of their lives – from plastic surgery to pediatrics…gotta love it!
Dr. Sears appeared on our most recent Blog Talk Radio show and tackled a host of topics – from immunizations, to skin rashes to how to prepare your child (and yourself) for sleepaway camp. Listen in and grab a pen and paper – because you might want to take notes! For even more great advice, catch Dr. Sears and the team of TV docs weekdays on the The Doctors.