The Role Mommy Fave Five
In between crappy weather and hints of sun, I’ve been scouring the web looking for five favorite posts relating to summer, travel, beauty, books and more and guess what? I’ve found them all for your reading pleasure!
1. Summer Travel Tips: If you’re still making last minute plans to getaway before school starts, today’s USA Weekend has a great feature by Travel Channel’s Samantha Brown on 5 Surefire Ways to Get the Most of Your Vacation.
2. Perfect Summer Hair: Humidity making your hair look downright frightening? Have no fear. This summer, thanks to Allure Magazine, we’ve discovered a brand new trend for your frizzy locks – go get a Brazilian and no, it doesn’t involve wax! It’s a natural treatment for your hair – it’s a little pricey (not as bad as Japanese straightening though) and it will leave your hair straight and gorgeous in any temperature!
3. Fuschia for Me: Anyone interested in sprucing up their mani-pedi? Is Sex on the Beach and Ballet Slippers boring you to tears? While Essie’s summer colors are still pretty tame, we decided to brighten up our tootsies this August with Opi’s Flashbulb Fuschia. Check out the Bionic Beauty’s blog where she give a Sally Hansen bright purple a try and then also shares her pick on the hottest flip flops of the summer – Switchflops! Gotta love a flip flop where you can change the fabric to match your outfit.
4. Blast from the Past: Since we’ve had really bad weather all summer, we’ve pretty much seen every movie you can possibly watch with your kids and others that in hindsight, we probably shouldn’t have taken them to (can anyone say “Land of the Lost?”) This weekend, when it was time to take in “Shorts,” I wanted to try something different. It’s been more than 20 years since I’ve been to a drive in movie and I decided to do a little Google-ing and managed to find a Drive in movie theater that was only an hour away from our home. If you live on the east coast and want to take your family to a drive-in, here’s the perfect site to find an outdoor theater near you! More on our drive-in movie adventure and review coming up!
5. Great Beach Reads: Now summer would not be complete without a great beach or rainy day read. Here at Role Mommy, we’ve got several picks of our own, but we managed to also find this article over at About.com that selects great books in every category.