TGITW (Thank God it’s the Weekend). That means that we’re back on Blog Talk Radio with our re-cap of the week. From hot topics like the Scarsdale mom who got arrested after kicking her bratty kids out of her car, to tips to avoiding a stressful family vacation to news on our upcoming celebrity events, we’ve got a jam packed 45 minutes of fun. So get ready to listen in and laugh!
This Fave Five comes from our favorite California Mom Kristin, who also is our guest co-host for Role Mommy and friends primetime show on Blog Talk Radio. Just in time for Mother’s Day, check out Kristin’s picks for May!
1. The Love/Avon Army of Women are looking for a few good women…. It began last October during breast cancer awareness month but it continues forever, Dr. Susan Love is working to sign up a million women to help in the fight against breast cancer. It is free and yet she only has 276,984 women signed up. So check it out and join, you will be helping another woman and you never know… maybe even your daughter’s generation some day.
2. I love Facebook because it helps me keep in contact with all my friends but I REALLY love it when my friends (like Sara) post links to incredible videos that I might not otherwise see. This one is a video from Taylor Swift, she is an incredible young lady who really “gets it”. So grab your tissues first then click here…
3. I am a Spirited Woman! Not only do I shout that out randomly around my house but I am also the featured entertainment writer for the Spirited Woman blog. This week we are holding a “Comment Contest” (and you know you can’t hold your tongue any longer). From May 1 thru May 7, you can comment on as many posts as you want and as many times as you want. Then we will judge your comments and if you win you will be featured on the Spirited Woman blog.
4. I am new to this whole Mom blogger world but thanks to Beth I am hooked!!! I can not wait for Thursday, May 7th and the first National Mom’s Nite Out, we deserve a night out! I worked with HP and Momlogic on their Mother Of All Bloggers promotion and you should go on and vote. I wish I could win the HP Mini 1000 (the perfect companion for mom) because it is slender (less than 1″ thick), starts at only 2.25 pounds so you can slip it in your bag AND it has a built in HP mini webcam. Click here and vote. Plus, since I live in the L.A. area, I was lucky enough to be invited to the local celebration hosted by thegotomom.tv and truemomconfessions.com at the Mint. For more information, click here. BTW, Kristin – I contributed a chapter to the new True Mom Confessions book…page 150 🙂
5. And the last thing that I love is that it is MAY DAY! I used to think my mom was a little nutty because she celebrated every holiday (yes, even Groundhog’s Day) but now I AM her. In the Roman Catholic tradition, May is Mary’s month, and in these circles May Day is usually a celebration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Fading in popularity since the late 20th century is the giving of “May baskets,” small baskets of sweets and/or flowers, usually left anonymously on neighbor’s doorsteps so today my daughters and I are bringing back the tradition by making flower shaped cookies and delivering to the neighbors in baskets. Happy May Day!