Do You Suffer From LOCKED CLOSET SYNDROME?
I am definitely guilty of this, are you? A new survey of women who want to lose weight finds that, on average, women have 14 items of clothing in their closets that don't fit. The reason? Sixty-eight percent of women said they keep ill-fitting clothes with the hope they will fit one day. The survey was conducted by Wakefield Research for Slimfast®,the weight-loss brand that has helped millions get what they really want for more than three decades.
"Many women can relate to the feeling of having a closet full of clothes, yet nothing to wear," said Jenn Falik, style expert. "The Slimfast survey shows it's in large part due to the prevalence of 'Locked Closet Syndrome,' the practice of 'locking away' clothes that once fit, are in 'goal sizes,' or you just don't feel confident wearing."
Other highlights from the Slimfast "Unlock Your Closet" survey include the following:
· 93 percent of women have multiple sizes of clothing in their closet - 3 sizes, on average
· Women keep ill-fitting items for an average of 14 months; with 15 percent saying they have kept pieces that don't fit for more than two years
· 79 percent of women frequently dread getting dressed because of ill-fitting clothes in their closet
· 68 percent of women who want to lose weight characterized their wardrobe as "sensible" versus "sassy" (11 percent) or "smokin" (5 percent)
· If it meant they were able to fit into everything in their closet, 57 percent said they'd be willing to wash all the dishes by hand for a month and more than 1 in 10 say they'd take a pay cut
· 83 percent of women admitted to lying about their pants size more often than their age
Now you can take the Pledge to Unlock Your Closet with the Slimfast 14 Days to Slim Program
With 14 days to go until Memorial Day weekend, it is time for women to take control of their closet and get their minds (and bodies) ready for summer fashion season.
Women nationwide are invited to take the Pledge to Unlock Your Closet at Facebook.com/Slimfast and be entered to win $5,000 for a summer wardrobe. The sweepstakes is open from this Monday, May 12 through May 27, 2014. Women are invited to take on the Slimfast 14 Days to Slim program, a convenient and delicious way to lose up to lose 6 pounds in the first 2 weeks.
· Swap two meals daily with a Slimfast Protein shake or meal bar.
· Your third meal must be 500 calories.
· Enjoy three 100-calorie snacks or pieces of fruit per day.
· Don't exceed 1200 calories per day.
· Do 30 minutes of light to medium exercise daily and drink plenty of water.
*If you live in the tri-state area, you can take advantage of an amazing free event this Monday, May 12th!!
SAY 'SO LONG, WINTER' AND STRUT INTO SUMMER
AT THE SLIMFAST POP-UP "URBAN OASIS" IN THE HEART OF MANHATTAN
MONDAY, MAY 12TH
WHO: With the start of the summer season just 2 weeks away, Slimfast and style and beauty expert Jenn Falik invite New Yorkers to get summer-ready and take the Pledge to Unlock Your Closet -just in time for the season's crop tops and fringe swimsuits! New Yorkers will be surprised and delighted via an "urban oasis" pop-up near Union Square where they can relax in chaise lounge chairs, feel pampered and get ready for summer. Falik will be on hand for media interviews to discuss the season's hottest fashion trends, as well as the results of a new survey that reveals the most daunting articles of summer clothing, plus the prevalence of 'Locked Closet Syndrome,' the practice of 'locking away' clothes that once fit, are in 'goal sizes,' or that you just can't wear confidently.
WHAT: A pop-up summer oasis on the street featuring eye-catching cabana boys serving up the first taste of the indulgent Slimfast Limited Edition Piña Colada Protein Meal Shake to the public.
· Enjoy an on-site complimentary express manicure service while getting your summer groove on.
· Additionally, New Yorkers will also have the opportunity to Take the Slimfast 14-day Pledge to Unlock Your Closet" to enter for a chance to win $5,000 for a smokin' new summer wardrobe, and bid farewell to their wardrobe hang-ups.
WHERE: South Side of 14th Street between 5th Avenue and University Place
WHEN: Monday, May 12 from 11am-2pm
Falik - who has been on the Today Show and The View - will be on hand to discuss summer fashion, the results of a recent closet survey Slimfast conducted or common wardrobe hang-ups - like the "Locked Closet Syndrome"... saving clothes until incremental weight loss "unlocks" them and you can wear said clothes again.