Role Mommy's favorite summer vacation spots
A good friend of mine just asked me for some great picks for summer vacations and within two minutes flat, I came up with the list below. If you have great destinations to add, please feel free to weigh in. There's nothing like finding out a great place to vacation with your family.
1. Celebrity Cruise to Bermuda - if you love great food and sea glass, then this is the trip for you!
2. Beaches Turks & Caicos - a bit hot but great for the kids - camps
for every age group. Plus fabulous restaurant choices - from French to Italian to Caribbean and many more.
3. Club Med Punta Cana - again - great for the kids but very hot. Buffet style food and great chocolate bread! Yum.
4.Nantucket - we stayed at the Harborside - has a pool right near the
dock - family friendly hotel. Beaches are fabulous, great bike trails, restaurants are pricey but delicious and brunch places galore.
5. Rocking Horse Ranch - down and dirty dude ranch with outdoor and
indoor pool, horseback riding and other fun activities for kids.
6. Block Island - great B&B's, beaches are nice - water a little
rough; great restaurants but you'd need a sitter to go to the nice ones.
7. San Diego - a long trip but between the zoo, the aquarium and La
Jolla, it's a fabulous family vacation
8. The Outer Banks - my friend raves about this one - I've never been
but she absolutely loves it.
9. Woodloch Pines - great family resort for summer
10. Royal Caribbean Cruise - I'm a sucker for cruises and this one is
great for families - they sail out of New Jersey and have great
cruises to the western caribbean - I was going to book it this summer
and then forgot to renew the kids' passports.
I'll be adding links in the morning, but in the meantime, enjoy!!!