Take Back the Kitchen: Alma's Tater Tot Egg Strata
In a previous recipe post I wrote about homemade tater tots. I made so many that I had a need for the leftover ones! I added them to a kale inspired egg strata and the results were great. Feel free to use store bought tater tots or none at all. Enjoy!
Kale and Tater Tot Egg Strata
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 cup chopped kale
3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
15 baked frozen tater tots (or cooked, homemade from previous Take Back the Kitchen recipe)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) In a big bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
2) Add in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and whisk. Set aside
3) In a small saucepan heat up the olive oil and saute the chopped kale over a low flame for a few minutes until wilted.
4) Stir cheese and sauteed kale into the egg mixture, and pour the mixture into a 9" X 13" casserole dish.
5) Drop in the tater tots and bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees until a knife comes out clean in the center.
*If the top is browning but the middle is still raw, cover with aluminum foil and bake a few more minutes until cooked through.
For more great recipes, visit Take Back the Kitchen, LLC