The Role Mommy Fave Five
Hot off the presses is our latest fave five for moms.
1. Get me a donut...stat! Was in Dunkin Donuts with my daughter tonight picking up three dozen donuts for my son's 7th birthday school shindig and guess what I found out? They just started posting calorie counts for donuts, bagels and muffins and what I saw, shocked and amazed me. The calorie count on a reduced fat muffin has more than double the amount of calories of a chocolate frosted donut (500+ calories vs. 230 calories). Guess I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow when I pick up my medium hazelnut with skim and a splenda.
2. Free ticket Giveaway for Four - Bob the Builder in New York City. Thanks to the folks at Madison Square Garden, we're offering free tickets to the May 30 performance of Bob the Builder at the Beacon Theater. Bob the Builder LIVE! Spud's Big Mess is a singing, dancing, building extravaganza, starring Bob the Builder, his business partner Wendy, trusty machine team members Scoop, Dizzy, Lofty and Scrambler, along with other favorite friends from Sunflower Valley including the mischievous scarecrow Spud, Farmer Pickles, Mayor Bentley and more! The 90-minute stage show includes ten original songs and promotes positive messages of caring for the environment, recycling, teamwork, cooperation and, of course, the importance of a can-do spirit. Just comment on tonight's Fave Five if your child is a Bob the Builder fan and you could be a winner. And, if you'd like to purchase tickets, you can also buy one ticket and get one free. Click on this link and use the promotional code: HAMMER.
3. Virgin America Rocks the Air. Just returned from a flight from Los Angeles to NYC and have to say, I am loving Virgin America. From reasonably priced tickets, to flights that left on time; to technology offerings that range from ordering food, chatting with a seatmate, selecting your own music playlist and ordering movies on demand. Let's not forget the wi-fi and the regular TV too. If you're taking a cross country trip, then give Virgin America a whirl.
4. The Biggest Loser Finale - Stayed up late tonight to catch the winner of my favorite reality weight loss show - The Biggest Loser. Don't want to spoil it for my friends on the west coast but here's a hint - it's a she and she's 48 and looks amazing! Motivation enough for me to hit the gym in the morning. But first, it's time to hit the hay.
5. Want to win a Mitsubishi flat screen television? Well, all you have to do is visit the Woman's Day website and enter to win. Wait a second...now that's an offer I need to check out myself - my TV's are still trapped in the 90's.