5 Tech Time Savers This Holiday Season
The holidays are right around the corner and that only means one thing...the most hectic time of year is upon us. Unfortunately, while the season is filled with cheer, it also comes complete with long lines at department stores, cranky kids and scrambling to pool your resources among friends and family so you can find the perfect gift. Thankfully, with the help of modern technology, the gift giving season can finally be stress free with these innovative time saving options:
1. SITTERS ON DEMAND - When you've got a holiday list that's a mile long, sometimes it's just easier to leave your kids at home so you can focus on some power shopping. Enter Chime - a new sitter on demand app from the team that at Sittercity. All sitters are screened in advance and you can even view sitter videos along with your kids so they can be part of the decision making. Download the free Chime app in the iTunes store or visit the website and instantly book a sitter even with one hour's notice! Chime is currently available in New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), Boston, Chicago and Washington DC with more cities being added over the coming months.
2. GROUP GIFTING PROBLEM SOLVER - If you've ever been in a situation where you were the class mom and were responsible for the "teacher gift," or if you were pooling your resources for a very special holiday present but found yourself stalking everyone for their contribution, with The Gifting Bunch, there's no need to hunt people down for their cash! Simply set up an account, send your friends or the other moms in your child's class the link where they can contribute online and you can then send an e-gift to the recipient where they can shop at over 500 participating retailers.
3. KEEP HOLIDAY PARTY GOERS SAFE - Planning a holiday party but worried that your revelers might get a little too tipsy to drive? Then let UBER step in by purchasing credits toward their car rides. UBER is running a special promotion for holiday rides so it makes it easy to pick up the tab for your guests while keeping them safe this holiday season.
4. DONATING & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES MADE SIMPLE - This time of year is all about giving to others and helping those in need. If you want to find charities in your area where your family can donate clothes, volunteer or give, then visit Public Good, a brand new online giving website that enables users to search for charities and causes they care about that are in their neighborhood, across the nation and around the world. The great thing about Public Good is you can donate to charities, museums, universities and more and you can even keep a record of all the donations you've made throughout the year.
5. GET CASH BACK EVERY TIME YOU SHOP: While there are tons of flash sale sites with items you weren't planning to buy in the first place, what if I told you that you can actually get cash back by making purchases at your favorite stores and earn shares in the company the more you shop? Introducing iConsumer, the first company of its kind: a coupon and cash back website/app that also rewards customer loyalty by giving away ownership. iConsumer turns their customers into stockholders every time they shop for deals and coupons, earn cash back rebates, and refer friends to shop by offering access to savings on more than 45,000 brands and cash back from 1600+ stores such as Target, Overstock.com and Expedia. I have actually been using the site for my online purchases these last few months and I've already earned over $400 in pending stock and gotten nearly $30 cash back!