The Role Mommy Fave Five
This week's fave five runs the gamut from TV shows, to some of my favorite hair and beauty products that I've been given the chance to sample and enjoy, to ways to save money on credit cards and more. So without further ado, here are our Fave Fives of the Week:
1. Adam Lambert is going to win American Idol. There, I've made my prediction - the guy is in a league all his own and according to Paula Abdul and Role Mommy, he's going to take it all the way to the finals.
2. Thanks to my friends at Suave, I've been participating in a serious test these last few weeks. It's called Suavonomics and what I've done is compare high end hair products to Suave's more affordable shampoos, conditioners, hair gels and much more. And guess what I found out - the Suave products give the high end brands a run for their money. In addition to the shampoos and conditioners (there are different varieties), my personal favorite products are Suave's hair gel and finishing spray. I've been getting lots of compliments on my look great for less hair and thanks to Suave, I've been keeping it "red carpet ready" without breaking the bank. That's me with my Glamour BFF, Dawn Meehan, fabulous author of the hilarious new book Because I Said So.
3. And speaking of banks, for those of you looking for credit card deals that'll actually put money back in your own pocket, then do we have news for you. Bank of America has just launched the Add It Up™ program, a secure online shopping Web site that allows enrolled customers to earn up to 20 percent cash back on their purchases at more than 270 online retailers, including top names such as Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Barnes & Noble.com. Customers with a current Bank of America credit or check card who are enrolled in online banking can register for free through the Add It Up site at http://www.bankofamerica.com/additup.
4. Just discovered a brand new site called Daughters.com and judging from what I've perused so far, it's going to be a fabulous destination for moms and girls. www.daughters.com is an interactive community where visitors can find all the answers to questions about raising girls 8-15. The site includes a fully-searchable collection of more than 250 expert articles, interactive community features "Ask the Expert" and "Parent to Parent," where people go for advice from experts and support one another, and blogs from Parenting Girls Experts Nancy Gruver and Joe Kelly. Considering we're about to hit the pre-pubescent age, Daughters.com couldn't have come at a better time!
5. Katie Lee Joel (yes, Billy Joel's wife) just followed me on Twitter. If you don't know about Katie Lee, she's the author of "The Comfort Table" with a foreward written by Paula Deen. Plus, she's featured in the April issue of Cosmopolitan. And she's gorgeous and nice - and the fact that she gets to have Billy Joel play piano and sing to her whenever she wants is pretty much a bonus in my book. So thanks for the follow Katie Lee...right back at ya.
Wait...before you go...if you're in the mood to shop (that would be me, 24/7), then here's a deal for you from Macy's!
This Weekend Sale. Save 20-50% + great everyday values at macys.com! Valid 11-Mar-2009 through 15-Mar-2009.
Posted in: News on 03/10/2009