Fave 5 Role Mommy Mother's Day Movies
As you get ready to celebrate Mother's Day, I say, instead of going out for that pricey Mother's Day brunch, spend a day vegg-ing out on the couch with a movie marathon. Thanks to Netflix, it's easy to get lost in great movies, documentaries and TV shows. So don't binge on french toast -- instead have a TV binge with my personal favorites:
1. Dirty Dancing -- Come on and say it with me...Nobody puts Baby in a corner! Honestly, I can watch this movie about a 16 year old falling in love at a cheesy catskills resort over and over again. And the music...don't get me started. Just watching Baby dance up those steps in those jean shorts brings back memories to when I could rock that look too.
2. Steel Magnolias -- Step away from your iPhone, your iPad and your computer and come with me on a journey to a place where five fiercely independent and loyal Southern women will make you laugh, cry and cherish having a really amazing mom. Classic Sally Field moment: "Shelby was right...My hair does look like a football helmet."
3. Terms of Endearment -- Sure Shirley Maclaine might not be the most affectionate mom on the planet but I dare you...wait, I triple dare you not to cry during this tearjerker with Debra Winger who plays a young mom who bravely battles cancer.
4. Riding in Cars with Boys -- If you've been reading my blog for years, then you know I have a girl crush on Drew Barrymore. This one's a personal favorite as Drew plays a character named Beverly, an aspiring writer who gets pregnant as a teen and is bitter about the deck she's been dealt. Even though I love seeing her in much happier roles like "The Wedding Singer" and "50 First Dates," I could pretty much watch a Drew Barrymore movie marathon any day of the week.
5. How I Met Your Mother -- Now onto the binge watching portion of our day. If you've never seen "How I Met Your Mother" or if you've missed a few seasons or episodes, how about a marathon of the show that just ended it's run on CBS?
For more great Mother's Day movie and TV viewing options, sign up for Netflix today! Gotta run so I can dive into my day of tearjerkers!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team and have been given a complimentary subscription to the service so that I can share my hopeless addiction to TV shows and movies with my readers.