10 THINGS MOMS WOULD RATHER DO ON MOTHER'S DAY!
With Mother's Day right around the corner, Sittercity, the nation's pioneer in online childcare, surveyed moms about their real thoughts on the day. While 80% of moms spend Mother's Day with their family, the same percentage often don't feel the day is actually about them:
I bet you'd be surprised, but only 30% of moms spend the day doing what they want to do. And 17% found the day to be more stressful than an average Sunday due to family obligations, travel and coordinating celebration with extended family.
To commemorate the day, Chime - Sittercity's new on demand babysitting app - has released a Top 10 list of "Things Millennial Moms Would Rather Do on Mother's Day."
1. Binge watch "The Office," "New Girl" and the past three seasons of "Scandal" and "Grey's Anatomy."
2. Take a shower without anyone under three getting a free peep show.
3. Enjoy an hour long conversation with a college roommate or high school friend without being interrupted 700 times by a screaming toddler chanting "Mommy" over and over and over again.
4. Go to the bathroom without someone banging on the door begging you to come out.
5. A playdate free day.
6. Go out with your best girlfriends and party like it's 1999. Then have a good ugly cry since you are sleep deprived and just found out that Prince died.
7. Read anything other than Good Night Moon or those Pigeon books.
8. Go to a movie by yourself. Buy popcorn and M&M's. Pour the M&M's into the tub of popcorn and then watch a movie that'll make you laugh and cry at the same time.
9. Massage. Facial. Mani. Pedi. In that order.
10. Spend the day throwing out pregnancy panties - oh who are we kidding...throw out your thongs instead.
If you live in New York City, Washington DC, Chicago or Boston, then you are going to want to check out Chime - the first sitter on demand app that enables you to book an amazing sitter right from your mobile device! And here's the best part. In honor of Mother's Day, visit hellochime.com and use promo code MOM2016 to cover your first sitting for free (up to $50) and do something you actually want to do. It doesn't get any better than that!