The Friday Fave Five
Since anyone who reads this website is probably stretched to the max...racing from meetings to feedings, softball and soccer games, conference calls and colic, we've lined up a fave five devoted to items that'll make your life a little bit easier.
1. How Do I Do It Planner - Does it bug you every time someone who doesn't have kids looks at you and says, "I just don't know how you do it?" Well, we've just found the answer thanks to WhoMi . This New York City based company has come up with The How Do I Do It planner. And for $12 that's a bargain in these tough economic times. And while some of you might rely on your BlackBerry or iPhone to keep your schedule straight, I say that nothing beats writing things down in a planner. So visit WhoMi and show everyone how you really do it.
2. Hands Free Role Mommy - A few months back, I had the opportunity to try out the Jawbone - a wireless headset that is one of the easiest hands free devices I've ever given a whirl - and trust me - I've been through them all. And while I was lucky enough to test one out for free...I managed to lose it about two months after receiving it and had to go out and buy a new one. Well, I just found out that Jawbone has come up with even more options for multitasking moms in a variety of cool colors. I guess I should've waited to buy the brand new Jawbone PRIME and its EARCANDY colors that are available today for pre-order at www.jawbone.com and will be sold in retail stores nationally starting May 2, 2009. Trust me, it's a must-have item for any multitasking mama.
3. A Fresh Way to Shed Weight - A little birdie just told me that the meal plan that helped Ricki Lake shed tons of weight is now available nationwide! It's called Freshology and the cool thing about it is if you order it, you will receive healthy foods that are good for you (rather than packed with sodium) and they even send you the required water you're supposed to drink every day to keep you hydrated. We're also getting a special discount for moms in time for Mother's Day and will post that code soon...we promise! In the meantime, check out this new weight loss option and get ready to be a big loser (in a good way of course).
4. Easy birthday gifts that give back! - If you're like me, you probably pick up birthday presents for the parties your kids have to attend the day of the event. At this point, I'm actually at T-minus 8 hours before my son's upmpteenth bowling party of the season. We just heard from two fabulous women in NYC who are the founders of GiftHero.com which offers a great selection of children's birthday gifts for ages 3-7 along with a quick search tool they call the Gift Finder to help you identify your gift with 3 questions - what is the gender of the child? What is her age? What is your price range? Plus, they designed an eco-friendly gift bag to eliminate the need to wrap your gift and find a suitable shopping bag to bring your gift to the party. And, best of all, they even offer the ability to donate to a children's charity - and are working with the Urban Horizon Head Start Program in the South Bronx to help fun enrichment programs such as school trips. I better get in gear and start ordering presents from Gift Hero for the next three bowling parties on the docket. I swear, I think my son is going to be a pro-bowler by the time this year is over!
5. A Little Link Love - Last but not least, here's a little blog love to the Silicon Valley Moms Examiner who pick their top 10 "make your life easier" items for moms.