THE (da)D-LIST Of: Things You learn as a Father in the Summer.
The latest hilarious D(ad) list by Role Daddy Eric Ruhalter
1. Days that are 100 Degrees aren't much different from days that are Zero degrees. Your kids are cooped up inside and at each others' throats.
2. The Ice Cream Man wields a hell of a lot more authority than any parent.
3. When you're at the public swimming pool, the warmer temperature in the kiddie pool definitely has nothing to do with the fact that it's shallower.
4. The laughter of innocent children chasing fireflies is somehow mired when you take into account the mass firefly slaughter statistics.
5. That familiar scent of home in the summer time? That scent is FEET!
6. There's No School!
7. Central air conditioning on a stifling hot July Day is the closest thing to heaven on this earth.
8. Kids are always going to give you a tough time when you try to put them to bed while it's still light out.
9. In the winter one bath every day seems excessive. In the summer it seems insufficient.
10. When you tell your kids to stay out of the poison ivy, and they don't listen, and you tell them, "I told you to stay out of the poison ivy and you didn't listen, so don't come to me when you're all itchy!" They're still going to come to you when they're all itchy.
Eric Ruhalter just released the second volume of his funny gift book for parents: "The KidDictionary: Words Parents Need To Describe Their Kids." Take a hysterical look inside it in the videos at www.TheKidDictionary.com. Looking's always free. Eric lives in Morristown, NJ with his wife Kara and 3 vocabulary-defying children.