Role Mommy Fave Five
The New York Times has their week in review, but if you don't have time to comb through it, here's the next best thing...the five things you should have found out while you were working, carpooling, checking up on old friends on Facebook, you get my drift...
1. 80's Actor Corey Haim found dead - Over at PopEater, where my friend Rob Shuter is a gossip columnist, you can find out all you need to know and more about how he died and his film and reality TV career.
2. You can use Verifone to process credit card payments on your iphone - for budding entrepreneurs constantly chasing after money, this is a great new option to charge your clients right on the spot and get paid instantly. Found out about this while watching Taxi TV. Cha Ching!
3. Great article on the Rise of Mommy Blogging in the NY Times - I knew I was onto something four years ago when I jumped into the blogosphere and now the NY Times has validated what I felt all along - parents want to hear from authentic voices and the best place to find them is online. And the best part is, blogging is becoming a lucrative career for many moms. Plus, some of my favorite peeps, Momfluential, Resourceful Mommy and Scary Mommy were featured. Nice work!
4. Ruffles are the New Black - If you watched the Oscars on Sunday then you probably learned one thing. Ruffles are so in, it isn't funny. From J Lo to Demi Moore, every time I blinked, another ruffle dress appeared. Funny twist...guess which box office diva loves Ruffles potato chips?
5. The End of Hannah Montana - Okay - you do need to connect with your tweens too. If you've been hiding under a rock or too busy blogging, then you may not know that the last episode of Hannah Montana could be airing tonight. I still don't know for sure since I never believe anything until I see it, but judging from last week, Miley is convinced that she wants to go back home to Nashville because her talking horse told her she must come home. Ooh, that is deep.