42 Things to Do When You're 42
In my ongoing quest to do what I love despite work, family commitments and not enough hours in the day, I've decided to come up with 42 things I'd like to accomplish over the next year.
1. Take my mom to Spain for an unforgettable birthday celebration....Check! We're heading off in a few days and can't wait to spend time with my amazing mother.
2. Lose 15 pounds - no this time, I really mean it.
3. Get back to singing more than just once a year.
4. Play tennis with my husband on a regular basis.
5. Take my son away on a special trip.
6. Plan my daughter's Bat Mitzvah and not get stressed out along the way.
7. Girlfriend retreat with my closest friends.
8. Get published in one women's magazine.
9. Put the gadgetry away when I come home from work.
10. Tell my husband and kids that I love them very much - even though they sometimes drive me nuts.
11. Read at least 10 great books.
12. Go to at least 5 movies by myself.
13. Take my husband to see the Book of Mormon
14. Plan to return to Jake's Resort in Treasure Beach, Jamaica
15. Plan a mediterranean cruise for my entire family to take place in the next two years.
16. Re-connect with old friends.
17. Call my old friends more often.
18. Don't let work stress get to me.
19. Learn yoga and clear my head for once.
20. No more Diet Soda!
21. No more splenda!
22. Enjoy drinking water
23. Attempt to jog 1 mile on a treadmill
24. Attempt to jog 1 mile on a road
25. Take dancing lessons with my husband.
26. Get back into fitness classes at my gym
27. Throw one dinner party where I actually cook and don't cater in.
28. Be comfortable wearing a bathing suit this year.
29. Bat Mitzvah Botox...or Knee Fat Lipo - that is the question?
30. Finally learn how to ski.
31. Travel more with my family - travel less without my family.
32. Surround myself with positive people and purge the pessimists once and for all!
33. Be candid with people who truly piss you off.
34. Pay it forward to givers.
35. Stay away from takers.
36. Volunteer my time to causes I feel truly passionate about.
37. Encourage my kids to give back to the community.
38. Smile more, stress less.
39. Do what I love, love what I do.
40. Convince loved ones in my life to take a leap of faith and do what they love too.
41. Be a cheerleader for those individuals who are truly making a difference in this world.
42. Write about what I love.
So there you have it. Here's hoping I can stick to my birthday list. Have any things you'd like to accomplish this year? Feel free to share!