Okay. I did it. I got on the scale after several months and now I am thoroughly depressed. The reason? I don’t have to lose 10 pounds anymore. Nope. The reason why my clothes aren’t fitting the way I’d like is because I’m 10 pounds heavier than I was the last time I tried to lose weight. I thought since I was faithfully exercising on my Peloton that I’d be able to get in shape and while I am getting more toned, the actual number on the scale just freaked me out.
While desperate times call for desperate measures, I refuse to go on another fad diet. I am sick and tired of reaching my goal, keeping the weight off and then gaining twice as much weight after I fall off the wagon. Frankly, it’s debilitating. I tried all year to cook healthier but I still had too much to drink and way too many sweets. I’m still hooked on sweeteners even though I do tend to use stevia as much as possible. I’ve got three weeks to go before I head to Paris and another month and a half before Jamaica. So that means it’s time to get serious.
Starting today, here’s my official commitment to losing the weight once and for all.
- I’m committing to drinking more water, eating less bread and avoiding dessert. Oy. That one was tough.
- I will still have my wine but will only have it on the weekend and limit the number of glasses.
- No bread from any bread basket.
- No pizza at all until I am down 10 pounds
- Walk at least 30 minutes per day and get it up to at least an hour if possible.
- No processed foods.
- No chips.
- Oil and Vinegar only – no salad dressings.
- No mindless eating.
- Determine if it’s hunger or appetite and if it’s appetite, do something else.
- Write a blog post.
There’s way more that I can do, but at least this is a start. It’s time to get serious so I’m taking a stand to shed the pounds. I’ll let you know how it goes each week. For now, it’s day one. Here’s hoping I’ll be swimsuit ready for Jamaica!