I know the government shutdown is no joking matter but I can’t help but find some of these tweets hilarious! Leave it to Twitter to bring Republicans, Democrats,Tea Partiers, Independents, and Anarchists together to laugh at the incompetence of the U.S. government at this time.
October 1, 2013
Tweet and Heard: The 10 Funniest Tweets About the Government Shutdown
10) If we survived the apocalypse I guess everything else seems small in comparison
9) I bet there are members of Congress that don’t understand Internet lingo
8) For the Breaking Bad obsessed
7) The Grammar Police are in full force
6) Watching grown men fight on ice skates is definitely more entertaining than a Congress debate
5) If the government shutdown inspires another movie with Justin Timberlake starring as Sean Parker, I’ll take it.
4) Was National Treasure based on a true story? Is there really a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence?
3) There’s nothing better than using Nicki Minaj lyrics to explain the government shutdown
2) Nope, they’re still spying on you
1) All I can say is poor Leslie Knope